[ST] Re: libertarians and valentines

On Tuesday, September 4, 2001, at 11:55 AM, st-digest wrote:

> actually weren't the libertarians the one's
> that stated the way they would pay off the
> national debt was to blow up the IRS building
> and sell the pieces, for cash, ala "Pet Rock". ;p

YES!  One of our best promotional ideas yet.   The building would be
empty of course, and the demolition would be done by the goverment, not
an individual with a uhaul and some fertilizer.

And now for a topic a little more relevant - In my ongoing pursuit to
avoid giving the goverment more of my money, I purchased a Valentine
radar detector last year.  Great unit, I wouldn't have anything else,
but it's started showing an error every time I turn it on.  All I need
to do is press the mute and it clears itself and works fine (as far as I
know) but the error on a $400 detector still bugs me.  I called
Valentine and they said they'd fix it, I just cant stand to be without
it during riding season and plan on sending it in when it gets colder.
Anybody else with a V1 have this problem. and if so, did you figure out
what caused it?
Rev.  Jeff Jenkins - NRA, Airhead, Libertarian, Postal Worker, Cat
Lover, Man about town.