Re: [ST] Darwin's Cornering clearances

I discussed this situation with a local Triumph-Aprilia-Ducati dealer who also races Superbikes in the CRA and occasionally AMA. He's had every bike in his stable on the track, and he said the only way you took the RS on the track and didn't drag hard parts like a fiend was if you were riding like an old lady. I agreed that was probably the case.

>>> "Peckham ." <peckhammer@xxxxxxxxxxx> - 8/30/01 12:34 AM >>>
>What caught my attention was Darwin's less than charitable assessment of
>the cornering, since when he was out on a "spirited ride" with a group of
>cronies, he was running out of cornering clearance and none of the others
>riders were.

That's because he doesn't know how to ride in such a way as to not drag
bits.   Some people consider this to be a short-coming in the rider, others
blame the bike.  I just did 50 laps on my RS at Seattle International
Raceway at *more* than a spirited pace and no part of the bike ever touched
down.  I did not hang-off either -- just sat in my seat and did quick