Re: [ST] Front wheel ding

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 04:13:44PM +0100, barry.croft wrote:
> Has anyone else had a ding repaired, and if so were you happy riding on it?
> That'll be cheapest, but may take 2-3 weeks. The chances of finding another
> one second hand are very small, but will be quick if I can, so that's my
> preferred option. I'd rather not spend £360, but may have to!

I had 2 of my BBS alloy wheels repaired on my VW.  I hit a u-joint or
some large piece of metal on I-35 and bent both wheels on the right
side.  The shop that did it specialized in wheel repair and did a great
job.  I couldn't tell by looking they had been bent (they painted
to match the metalic blue paint) and have experienced no vibration
problems.  Cost was high (US$125 each), but I'm not sure I could even
have found replacement wheels if I'd wanted to.

If it was me, I'd have it repaired, but make sure to find a good shop
that has plenty of experience.

Laters,
Brian
- --