[ST] new mag tests

I just stopped off to read the new motorcycle mags  and have a tasty coffee
beverage. Two of the british publication tested triumphs this month. One
(forgot the publication) tested the Aprilia, the bmw r1100s, the  Triuimph
ST, the Ducati st4s, and the Honda vfr800.  They heaped praise on the Sprint,
ranking it second and noting that it would be first if you travelled often at
less than 100 mph and valued comfort over peg dragging ability.   The VFR
came in first.  Most american riders in populated states would actually like
it better.  The Aprilia was down on the list.
The other magazine tested the Aprilia, a Sprint RS, and a VFR.  The triumph
came in for a bit of a bashing, actually being slammed hardest for  torque
and poor fuel injection ( snatchy).
I find the triumph to have seamless throttle response.  I  also find it to be
very dependent on proper clutch  and throttle cable adjustment.  It requires
very little freeplay compared to other bike.  The clutch adjustment makes all
the difference.  A  bit too much freeplay and the bike will not easily go
into neutral.  I wonder if the test bikes are properly set up,as I can not
understand how two magazines can have such different experiences.  any
ideas??  one mag loves the throttle response, the shifting, and the midrange
and the other one hates it.
john c