Re: [ST] First trip

Eric Mann wrote:

> Just
> wondering if anyone has any packing and travel suggestions.  It will be
> about a 4 hour round trip one-way.

Dress in layers, and stop every couple of hours to stretch, get gas,
etc. Four hours shouldn't be a big deal. You can fit more stuff into the
panniers if you fold it nicely or roll it. Make sure nothing gets caught
when you close the cases, otherwise they'll leak if you get rained on.

I typically wipe out the insides before putting clothes in to reduce the
black plastic smudges. (The insides of my panniers will "powder" if
something heavy rubs or rolls around in them, leaving black smudge marks.)

> Planning on stopping at Cabella's and
> then the Mall of America.

Plan on having the merchants ship stuff to your home if you're going to
be doing some serious shopping (unless you're buying the small,
expensive stuff for your girlfriend). Other than that, have fun!

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA