[ST] Re:

Ben,

I had a very similar problem with my ST. To make a long story short, it was the
stepper motor on the idle air valve. It was difficult to diagnose because it only
happened when the bike and valve were operating long enough to be hot-hot. Most of
the time my dealer would let the bike cool off before checking anything. Another
problem that added to it was changing from the original factory tune download to
the number 10 tune. The dealer recently installed the number 12 tune and it's much
better.

jhs

Ben Snyder wrote:

> Hey folks, I'm new to the list so I hope this hasnt
> been asked.  I tried to find something on this in the
> archives but nothing exactly related to my problem.
>
> My bike will just die on me on occassion.  It seems to
> be rather random, but almost always while slowing
> down, but not necessarrily (sp?) hard braking.
>
> It's caused me to have a mini-panic attack because I
> was miles from home, in BFE, no way I was going to get
> a cell signal, etc and I thought I was going to be
> walking for miles.  I tentatively hit the start button
> while I was still rolling (thinking it wouldnt work
> anyway) and the bike started right up and I rode the
> rest of the way home without incident.
>
> It's done this a handful of times, the dealer can find
> nothing wrong.  The bike also seems to run a little
> rough to me.  Maybe it's because I'm not used to
> hearing Triumph motors, I dont know anyone else that
> has one, and this is my first street bike.
>
> Outside of this problem, I've had nothing but a
> fabulous time riding this bike.  I've had this red
> sucker since March and I'm closing in on 4500mi. I'd
> love to ride more, but I work too much.
>
> Anyway, thanks in advance for any replies.
>
> Since this is my first post, here's the info requested
> in the welcome message:
> Ben Snyder
> Columbus, OH, USA
> stock (so far) Tornado Red ST