Re: [ST] 2002 VFR pictures

As the owner of a Honda Del Sol VTEC, I was wondering if Honda would ever
export that technology to their motorcycles. VTEC is one of the coolest
technologies  for engines that I've seen. At low RPM's the Del Sol behaves
like an economy car and I've gotten up to 45 mpg with it (before they
changed the gas formulation anyways). But romp on the gas and at 5500 rpm
it does a Jekyll/Hyde transformation and turns into a sports car. It
redlines at 8500 rpm so it has room to play. I can't wait to see what that
would be like on a bike. It's going to give the R1 some competition for
being able to be tuned for both torque and horsepower.

Maybe by adding the underseat exhaust and luggage, it will spur Triumph to
add an underseat and improve the suspension a bit.

>Go to <http://www.honda-motorcycle.co.uk/shared/2002models/index.html>
>and click on "VFR" at the top. It looks like the 2002 model gets an
>underseat exhaust, VTEC, and hard bags. (No idea if the engine's really
>a liter or not, though.)

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
'99 Sprint St
'01 KLR650