Re: [ST] Bar Risers

Sean of no last name <Britbike2@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Are all of you happy with the riding position on the Sprint?  I have an ST
> and have found the numbness in the pinkie finger and soreness in the palms
> going on.  I am considering the bar risers.
>
> Anyone tried bar risers?  Thoughts on them?

When I first got my ST I gave it a good chance over a few months, but I just
couldn't adjust.  I purchased the GenMar risers.  Wonderful!  Excellent
compromise postion.  I'm not in a "sit up and beg" seating position but I'm
not stretched out along the tank all the time anymore.

The other thing that helps with the comfort factor is to not use a tall
screen.  I tried the Triumph touring screen (anybody want to buy it?) and
switched back to the OEM short screen.  Then this summer switched to a Zero
Gravity Double Bubble.

Ahhh, perfection!  The combination of a Double Bubble with GenMar risers is
the way this bike should have come from the factory.  IMHO anyway.

P.S.  The other things that help are to conciously relax your arms and
hands, take Ibuprofen before a ride and to ride faster.  :-)

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue Triumph Sprint ST "Jewel"