[ST] Battery maintenance

In a message dated 9/12/01 6:36:28 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I tried removing the battery to charge it, but the alarm sounds. Can I use
a trickle battery charger while the battery is left on the bike?

Not a trickle charger , but a battery maintainer, such as a Battery Tender,
which switches itself off when the battery is charged. Leave the battery in
the bike and connect the battery Tender via the accessory receptacle. (you
can get a male plug from Triumph. If you get the polarity wrong, the battery
tender will let you know)
Short periods of "tickover" are useless, possibly harmful. David Collins, San
Diego