[ST] Orange County Triumph

'Admiral' over in alt.motorcycle.sportbike just bought himself an ST from
Orange County and says he got this advice from the service manager ...

"The dealership's General Mgr., who was
also the service mgr., says treat it like there is NO break-in period.  He
didn't want me to redline the thing, but he said the everything will seat
and seal better if I treat it normally, and not baby it.  He says if I baby
it, it'll leak in the future (something about chrome/chrome rings, vs.
chrome/castiron rings).  I dunno.
Yet, when I got on the bike, there's a sticker telling me what the RPM max
should be during the break-in period.

What's a  sportsbike newbie to do?"

Anyone else here received this advice from that (or any other) dealer ?

- -Robert