Re: [ST] Various, Mort's account, Mike B response

At 10:35 PM 9/13/2001 -0700, Mike wrote:
>It has never been religion that has brought us to this wonderful state of
>affairs,

Mike I must respectfully disagree. And doesn't everyone claim to have God
on their side. Has anyone else been thinking about that Bob Dylan song?

Mort: Thank you so much for sharing your account.

ST content: My scoot has been having her 12K svc. (at 13.3K). My mechanic
reported adjusting TWO  valves which were 'a little tighter than spec' he
said. I believe he also said they were exhaust valves and were adjacent to
one another. He skipped, with my blessing, the check-n-lube steering head
stem after he told me that he had done a bunch of these 12K svc's and none
had ever even nearly needed it.

I sold my ' 93 XR-600 to a guy from Atlanta this week. He was going to put
a Baja Designs kit on it and make it street legal.

I have always been mentally as strong as steel but I think I may have Post
Traumatic Stress Disorder. Pinch & Stoli seem inadequate salves for me.
There's not been a day this week that I've not cried several times. And I
was 5 states from harms way. No doubt most or at least many Americans are
in the same boat.

John Petrey, Jr.
'Apex Dawg'
Red ' 00 ST