Re: [ST] 2002 VFR

>But I've gotta ask ya', have you ever ridden a VFR?  More than a demo
>ride?  If so I don't think you'd choose the "bland" word.

I have ridden one for ~500 miles of canyons in LA.

>It runs on
>rails through curves,

It is not bad, but I found it to turn in slower than many other bikes, and
the suspensionis soft, like the stock RS.

>has an angry snarl at the middle revs that is
>unreal,

Yes it does, and if you put on an aftermarket can, it sounds vicious --
which you need to drown out that horrible whining sound it makes.

>and in my unique position to be able to ride both, outhandles the
>ST handily.

I do not know that I would agree with that.  I doubt it outhandles my RS,
based upon my experience.

>IMHO, Triumph could use being a bit "bland" if it includes the Honda fit
>and finish, reliability,

Reliability?  Only if you ignore the electrics.