Re: [ST] a simple request

> In case you hadn't noticed, it's religion that has brought us to this
> wonderful state of affairs we enjoy today.  Take a look into that!

Anyone who thinks religion is what caused this week massacre, cannot ignore
or fail to mention some of the _real_ legacies of religion.  Try these for
starters:
The Pyramids
The Parthenon
The temples at Angkor Wat
The Sistine Chapel
Michaelangelo's David
The great cathedrals of Europe
The cantatas and fugues of JS Bach
The King James Bible (it includes some of the greatest prose ever written in
English whether you believe it or not)
innumerable hospitals, schools & colleges around the world founded and
financned by churches, mosques and synagogues

Need I go on?  Whatever your beliefs,  the world would be a lot poorer and
duller place without religion.

Mort Harries
Haworth NJ
'00 ST