Re: [ST] My September 11.

Mort Harries wrote:

> What riots??

That was my point. I had heard someone say that they heard that there
were riots in Paterson and another said they heard of riots on Long
Island. After doing a bit of searching I have come to the conclusion
that these were nothing but rumors.

However I did find info on the terrible things that are being done to
Muslims, Islamics, Sikhs, and others of mideastern descent.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/14/nyregion/14MUSL.html

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index.ssf?/page1/ledger/1464a5d.html

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_regional/ausarab09142001.htm

http://news.mysanantonio.com/story.cfm?xla=saen&xlb=987&xlc=289523&xld=987

This one is particularly interesting in that Hispanics, a group that is
commonly sneered at, are attacking Muslims.
http://www.ctnow.com/scripts/editorial.dll?fromspage=CG/articles/state.htm&categoryid=&bfromind=557&eeid=5255627&eetype=article&render=y&ck=&userid=1&userpw=.&uh=1,0,&ver=3.0

This, from The Cleveland Plain Dealer, actually mentions an incident on
Long Island:
http://www.cleveland.com/indepth/attack/index.ssf?/xml/story.ssf/html_standard.xsl?/base/cuyahoga/100045984110424132.xml

Now this one is f-r-e-a-k-y:
http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1002,6439%257E147824,00.html

On the humorous side, (I'm with you Mort) a woman I know, born and bred
in Vancouver and attended college in Hartford, is here in NJ visiting
relatives. She is of Indian (you know, India not American-Indian)
descent. She honestly believes that she is being treated differently
because she is Canadian.

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler

2000 Sprint ST "Blue Devil" R.I.P.
         soon to be:
2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil II"

"I've got wheels of polished steel,
I've tires that grab the road...
...And Satan is my motor"
Cake

Getting a Y2K+1 with silver wheels will make that quote more sensible.