Re: [ST] VFR and FUTURA

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 22:19:56 -0600, you wrote:

>I hear ya..  You can't fault any manufacturer for breaking the rules and
>offering something up a little different... even if the styling is not your
>bag of chips (crisps).  I think Triumph did that with the ST.  I enjoy the
>curves of my ST..but have lately been thinking it's getting dated.  4 years
>is a long time for Triumph to sit on a model without making any design
>changes.  Innovate or die is my companies battle cry.  I can't wait to see
>the new VFR up close.

I am not particularly happy with Triumphs ideas of innovation as of late
(in the styling department). After looking at what they have done to the
Speed Triple and the Daytona, I would be happy if they just left the Sprint
alone thank you. They took one of the sexiest tail sections out there and
turned it into just another bland, no character, piece of plastic. I was
considering buying a Speed Triple and feel strongly enough about it that I
would give up the added horsepower of the new ones for the styling of the
older models. I think it goes plenty fast the way it is : )

Invisible Dawg
00ST