Re: [ST] More Cable Questions

> Just a thought on all these clutch cable failures. Was anyone able to
> retain the swage end after failure? If so, did the cable pull out of the
> swage or did the cable actually break?

On my bike the cable never fully broke (caught it in time) but it appeared
to be frayed from rubbing against the part where it goes into the sheath.
It would have broken half an inch or so down from the swage.

Wes

- --
~~~~wesman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My old sig was about Vaxen and VMS but I can't even figure out
the name of the company that owns them anymore.