RE: [ST] frame slider question

I've got GSG Moko's on my RS that were put to the test when it was given a
(low speed) shunt by some van-driving pond-life. It was parked at the time,
and got pushed into another bike then fell over onto its left side. Result ?
small scratches to the slider (off course), clutch lever, indicator and side
stand and a bent gear lever (which straightened up OK) -- plus a crack in
the nose cone from hitting the other bike. Arrrgghh! - my lovely immaculate
bike. Aarrrrrggghhhh!!! - which I was taking to France in a couple of days
(still made it OK). The insurance bill is ~GBP600, but if it was my own
money, I'd only repair the nose cone and, maybe, the indicator. If this had
happened at speed, I suspect that I would have lost the indicator and the
gear lever -- which worried me slightly, 'cos I thought the idea was that
the slider protected the essential bits (like the levers) so that you could
ride away from a low speed aurgument with the black stuff.

Tim
'01 RS
Cambridge UK