Re: [ST] Tightening up the mirrors

original message:

>annoying thing is that the mirror stalks seem to be a bit wobbly
>(especially
>at speed!). It would appear that the hinge on the stalk has been "loosened"
>on impact.
>My question is... there is no tightening mechanism (no bolt or nut) so How
>can I tighten the bugger up?
>
>James Dawson
>Sydney, Oz.

Well James there is at least ONE way to tighten your mirrors.  The rubber
cushion washers that hold the mirror on have a hole down the middle, you
need measure this inside diameter and get an appropriate size tap.  Tap
threads inside (make sure and tap threads on both the top and bottom
washers) then screw in a bolt.  Tighten to snug.  This should help the
"looseness" but may introduce some vibration at certain speeds.  I have done
this to one mirror with no ill effects.

"UnderDawg"
STeve
Dallas, Tx