[ST] BMW's weird policy

>putting them in a new
>location approx. a mile away. (a result of the
>recent standalone bmw dealership policy)

The last time I was in the Bay Area I stopped by Cal BMW/Triumph and was
surprised to see that they had to segregate the dealership. Granted they
are still in the same building so it's easy enough to visit both, but BMW
gets the street side. I wonder if BMW is so insecure about their product
that they feel they don't want the competitors bikes in the same showroom.
Given the economics of running a dealership, I can't imagine there are a
bunch of happy BMW dealers after that ruling. I never visited a BMW dealer
until I bought my Triumph, and that at least got me to LOOK at their bikes.
I stopped looking when I saw the price tags.

Matt Knowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - www.aestheticdesign.com - (707) 786-4643