[ST] VFR and FUTURA

Ashley wrote:
>If you were prepared to spend $12,000 on an RS I think Triumph would be
only
too happy to "upgrade" it in the same way as the Falco. ;-)

Actually, the Futura is competition for the ST (full-length fairing, hard
luggage), not the RS. The ST retails for around $11,000 with hard bags. End
of product life discounts don't count as to pricing comparisons. The ST and
RS get a new motor which makes the older bikes less desirable when they hit
the showroom floor. Getting post-purchase "upgrades" from Triumph or
aftermarket suppliers is time consuming, bothersome and expensive. I think
Triumph really does need to make some upgrades year to year, besides
offering new colors and countershaft sprockets. The new motor is a nice
start, but I think they could have done better. The fact that it was highly
rated in 1999 influenced my decision. If the Honda VFR had a hard luggage
option at that time, I would have probably looked at it much more closely. I
don't really care whether it is British or not when I buy. I do think it is
kind of cool afterwards, unless I can't readily find parts and service when
I need them.
Regards,
Bob

- ------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - From $8.99/mo! ------