[ST] Re: [st] green light trigger

The only problem I ever had with lights not tripping was one nearby my home
that wouldn't even sense my Vmax.  A phone call to my local county road
department's signal shop had that fixed the next day.  And a follow up
thank-you call revealed they would be routinely checking their sensors to
make sure they were sensitive enough to detect motorcycles.  I didn't have
to spend money on some gimmick and heck, I already send them enough of my
taxes, they can go adjust some signal sensors for me!  Granted, doesn't help
you when you're travelling or calling in the problem with every one.
However, if they don't know they're not working properly, they'll never get
fixed.  I've yet to have a signal not detect my ST.  Ah, for the old days
when signals were controlled by a timer box mounted on a nearby pole;  When
signals would get stuck (usually in cold weather), a sharp smack on the
control box was all it would take to get 'em working again.
Oh, and by the way, the 'trigger' someone mentioned used on emergency
vehicles (called "Opticom" around here) is a special frequecy strobe light
and it changes all signals to red so all traffic stops at the
intersection....unfortunately it wouldn't do you any good.