Re: [ST] Tune pricing?

Personally I think that of the throttle bodies needed to be adjusted to make
the bike run as it should that it should be a warranty thing and you
shouldn't have to pay at all. I admit there is a thin line here because it
could be argued that the bike ran perfectly well before but this work just
improved it.
Ashley
Spondon 955
'95 Speed Triple

> Well, I took the ST in for her 6000 mile tune yesterday at Munroe Motors
in SF, and while I was there, had them sync the throttle bodies.  Now, it
runs much better (they uploaded the latest tune and adjusted the fuel ratio
using an exhaust gas analyzer, one or both of which apparently made a hell
of a difference - warms up a little rougher when cold but runs very
noticably stronger at least in the bottom-mid range), but the tune plus sync
cost $360.  Even without syncing the throttle bodies, it was estimated at
$280.  Is it just me, or is that really expensive for a tune that must occur
every 6000 miles?  What have other people paid for the 6k service?  (Again,
they did a great job, the bike runs so much better it was obvious riding
away from the shop, but just wondering about what normal pricing is for the
regular maintenance...)  TNX...