Re: [ST] Re: [st] green light trigger

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Cameron wrote:

> The sensors at traffic lights don't detect weight, they detect mass
> magnetically.  It detects the magnetic or metallic signature of your
> vehicle.  If you're driving a ten ton plastic car, you will never trip the
> sensor.  I used to work for a company that installed parking systems for
> parking lots. i.e.., gates, ticket dispensers etc. and learned that all the
> bouncing up and down at a light will never trigger the sensor to change the
> light.  I haven't tried the "GreenLight" deal, but I will buy it and
> hopefully it will work.

I remember working at McD's in high school. I did the close/open shift (ie.
clean the joint up), anyway I can remember watching drunk'n kids jumping up
and down onf the concrete pad. We would of course answer after they were
competely exhausted :-)

As far as the green light trigger, I could see a chunk of lead or a properly
oriented coil being more effective. Personally I like the fact that my bike
is somewhat ferrous'ly challenged. If I take the correct lanes on the
Tollwsay, I have about a 50/50 chance of the sensors not picking up my bike,
thus saving $0.35 at the one plaza and $0.65 at the other :-) Still doing
research, but I can tell you that at the N. bound entrance from Frankford,
right toll lane, on the left side @ 45 MPH I get taxed 1 time in 10.

t.