[ST] Topbox

Mike Bostock wrote:
>On a good note SWMBO likes the back rest although the 5kg weigh limit is
considered insufficient for her make-up (cosmetics for our US friends) ;-)

Make-up is a.k.a. cosmetics here in the states as well. It is the
"universal" language of females, which is innate from their Venusian
genetics. Although they may speak different languages it is a sort of lingua
franca that bonds them all together.

The topbox seems to be on the same order of assembly difficulty as the
panniers. They want $500 U.S. for one here ($700 for the panniers, unless it
went up from 1999). For that price, it should come preassembled. Do GIVI
bags come piecemeal like Triumph bags? They seem to be very similar for all
Triumphs. I can see why the mounts and the backside of the right Tiger bag
may be different and require some assembly, but I don't understand why they
have to be at that level of disassembly. The topboxes should be a universal
fit, I would think (I also think the backrest should come as standard). I
seem to have had much less trouble assembling my panniers than some others.
I did mix up the bagtop locks with the mount locks, which required me to pop
them back out (which I remember as "no fun"). Is the topbox key the same?
Can a locksmith rekey (at extra cost) it to match? Wouldn't it be nice if it
could be matched with the ignition key?

Regards,
Bob

- ------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - From $8.99/mo! ------