[ST] Vacation adventures, or the Odyssey of TripDawg

Greetings fellow Dawgs,

I just wanted to touch base, and if my prior message violated some explicit
or implicit restriction on the WTC topic, please forgive me.  I left on
vacation on Monday the 10th, finished my vacation on Sunday the 16th,
seguing into my own personal Comedy of Errors Triumph(ant).  I haven't
touched a computer in that whole time, and am still catching up on the list.

As a result of my adventures, here are a few quick observations which I will
flesh out if anybody cares.

First, the Tiger is a WAYYYY comfortable bike, but its also WAYYYY topheavy.
Don't take this bike onto a "road" of volcanic pea-gravel and then try to
turn it around.  DAMHIKT.

Second, Gen-mar risers are a WUNNERFUL improvement to the RS.

Third, Mannnnnn oh mannnnn, this is a beautiful country!  (I already knew
that, but its worth restating.)

Fourth, Southwestern Colorado is simultaneously one of the finest places to
ride a motorcycle, and one of the worst.  Such fine scenery should not
coexist with such fine roads, 'cause ya can't watch both at the same time
and they both demand it!

Fifth, Colorado's Highway Department firmly believes in Darwin's theory of
natural selection.  Why else would they have so many twisting mountain
highways with NO guardrails?

Sixth, elk in Arizona are a myth, but the spirit of Burma-Shave lives on.

Seventh, Sprints can run dirt roads.

Eighth, Triumph of America (ToA) really needs to enforce trademark concerns
with former dealers.  It is amazing how much havoc can be wrought by
misidentifying a dealership that was formerly a Triumph dealer, but no
longer is....

Ninth, ToA must get their parts department cross trained.

Tenth, Perhaps, someday, Triumph dealers will see fit to be open on Monday
as well.  It would really, really make life easier.

Eleventh, ToA needs an 800 number for customer service and coordination.

Twelfth, HJC CL-11 Helmets leak small bugs around the TOP of the visor.

Thirteenth, I can have lousy timing.  I missed Ladysmith Black Mambazo in
Durango by a week.  I just happened to end up there on Friday night, one
week before they were going to be there.

Fourteenth, you can meet Sprint riders in the strangest places.  Met the
rider of a Red ST in Springerville, AZ as he was heading down to Bisbee.
Apparently, he had managed to make it to the Western Rallye, even though he
doesn't use the Internet or email at all.  He was wondering though about his
TSRA newsletter or the like, as he hasn't received anything yet....

Fifteen, 35mm SLR cameras and full face helmets are not very compatible with
one another.

Sixteen, diamond tread is not kind to Sprint bodywork.

Seventeen, ToA needs to publicize the MSRP parts cost.  I discovered that a
certain dealer has been engaging in fraudulent pricing.  They promise 10%
off for certain customers, but then their starting point is ABOVE MSRP.

Eighteen, Triumph's fuel injection performs flawlessly, anywhere from 2000'
to 11,000' above sea level.

Nineteen and last: Folks from the East coast have an easier time touring
west than the other way around.  I kept missing out on the continental
breakfasts because my body clock was on Pacific time, and I was playing in
the Mountain time zone.  sigh...

John T. Sanford
Programmer/Analyst
Sunterra Financial Services
(702) 804-8683

Confidentiality Note:  This e-mail, and any attachment to it, contains
privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual(s) or entity named on the e-mail.  If the reader of this e-mail
is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
reading this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please immediately return it to the sender and delete it
from your system.

This e-mail and any attachment(s) are believed to be free from virus.
However it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are
virus free.  We do not accept any liability for any loss or damage arising
in any way from the receipt, opening or use of this e-mail and any
attachment(s). Thank You.