Re: [ST] RE: Replacement brake hoses? (and other topics)

Rob WHITE wrote:

> Actually
> the stainless braiding is only over the top of the hose and sometimes it is
> embedded within the rubber itself
> They all have rubber or a composite internally.

So, are the ST/RS brake lines rubber, with a braided stainless steel
sleeve and another rubber sleeve over the stainless steel? In that case,
I could see the need for replacing them regularly.

Most braided stainless steel brake lines I'm familiar with use teflon
tubing under the braided stainless steel. I guess teflon doesn't degrade
as quickly as rubber?

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA