[ST] re: Tune Pricing

I got to hang around Classic Cycle Company's service area entirely too much
last week, and the issue of the tunes came up.  Apparently, Triumph is now
REQUIRING the throttle body synching and CO2 analysis to be done when
additonal 1.5 hours labor.  (This came up during the prep of a new TT600
going out the door).  It may only apply to the TT600, or it may be across
the line.  I suspect they're tired of getting burned by Marc's jihad against
Triumph's fuel injection! ;-)

This applies to loading the new Engine Management tune, which may or may not
be necessary each scheduled service.

>Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 11:12:30 -0700
>From: James Wright <jwright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [ST] Tune pricing?
>
>Well, I took the ST in for her 6000 mile tune yesterday at Munroe Motors in
SF, and while I >was there, had them sync the throttle bodies.  Now, it runs
much better (they uploaded the >latest tune and adjusted the fuel ratio
using an exhaust gas analyzer, one or both of which >apparently made a hell
of a difference - warms up a little rougher when cold but runs very
>noticably stronger at least in the bottom-mid range), but the tune plus
sync cost $360.
>Even without syncing the throttle bodies, it was estimated at $280.  Is it
just me, or is
>that really expensive for a tune that must occur every 6000 miles?  What
have other people >paid for the 6k service?  (Again, they did a great job,
the bike runs so much better it was >obvious riding away from the shop, but
just wondering about what normal pricing is for the >regular maintenance...)
TNX...

>-- Jim, Black 2000 ST now in SF...

John T. Sanford
Programmer/Analyst
Sunterra Financial Services
(702) 804-8683

fargling disclaimer.....

Confidentiality Note:  This e-mail, and any attachment to it, contains
privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual(s) or entity named on the e-mail.  If the reader of this e-mail
is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
reading this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please immediately return it to the sender and delete it
from your system.

This e-mail and any attachment(s) are believed to be free from virus.
However it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are
virus free.  We do not accept any liability for any loss or damage arising
in any way from the receipt, opening or use of this e-mail and any
attachment(s). Thank You.