RE: [ST] Topbox (Same Key)

>>How about the locks themselves.  If you get the top box seperately from the
>>side bags do you have 2 different keys to lock the set?  Or can you get one
>>key to lock all 3?

>If you order them separately you will have two different keys for the
>luggage. Either order them as a set, or you can order an entire 9 pc lock
>set and exchange the whole set of locks.
>Matt Knowles
This is what I did when I added a Top Box. I bought a 9pc lock set from Lilley's for around $50 US and had it in about 1 week. (My local Dealer never looked up the Part # and told me it would cost at least $300.) I don't have the Part # on hand, but you can email Lilley's and they'll know what you're talking about. The set comes with the core and the plastic body but I just used the cores.
Here is what I did to install them:
1) Insert key into core. (This is important because the springs and plates in the core will pop out if you don't have the key in when removing the core from the plastic body.)
2) Remove the 2 screws that hold the locking tab on the base of the lock core.
3) Core will now pull out with the key from the plastic body.
4) Now do the same with the core you want to install and reverse the procedure to put it all back together.
One thing to remember is that the cores with the gold lock tabs go into the box mount latches and the cores with silver plates go to the box closure latches.

Hope this helps,
James Wick
2000 Blue Sprint ST (w/ keyed alike 3 box set)