[ST] all of a sudden--vibrations

This is getting kinda old.  I took my bike in to have it's 12k service
done and told them to look at a loose frame adjusting nut that I had
noticed.  This was September 1st.  I had the work done at RPM.  They
tightened all the mounts to spec and also noticed that one of the
clip-ons was loose.  The bike felt a little better when I got it back.
I've been able to do 200+ mile days easily since then without hand
tingliness, like I experienced before.  Bike's been great since then.

Sunday morning, though, I was returning home from a 250 mile ride and
something happened.  Just a few miles from home, I revved it up to 9k
rpm or so.  I've never noticed if it vibrates much at these rpms before
because, well, I'm just trying to hold on :) and I don't leave it in
that range for long.  But after I shifted up, I noticed that the engine
just wasn't smooth now, even at low rpms.

Particularly, there's lots of vibration by my left thigh, I think from
the gas tank or the frame there, but it's very easy to pinpoint.  The
2 tank fasteners under the seat are not loose.  I took the left panel
off at lunch today, but didn't notice anything weird.

I'm just scared that with it happening so suddenly, that something
broke.  I'm going to take another look this evening, and see if I can
see anything funny about the mounts.  If I can't, I guess I'll be taking
it back in to the shop again, which scares me.

Okay, I just wanted to vent and see if anyone might have any other ideas
as far as what to check myself.

Laters,
Brian
- --