From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Chris
Strizver
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 9:59 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ST] Electrics

Fair enough. I'll let you know when mine fails, if ever. I think the
advantages of using one long wire outweigh any longevity you may see with
nichrome wire. If I get 5 years out of my jacket and save $150-$200, it'll
be worth it. I expect anyone who uses copper will get more than that.

Its really too bad that nichrome wire has such high resistance. If it were
just a little bit more conductive, you could make a really nice liner with
bigger wire that is easier to solder and connect to. Does anyone know of a
low price/low resistive alternative to nichrome and copper? Dividing your
liner into parallel sections is just a pain!

I think this fits: YMMV  <----- Never been able to figure out what exactly
that stands for, but I got the gist.

- -Chris Strizver