Re: [ST] RE: Question: Wiring for dual headlights

Alex Ozzard-Low wrote:

>Does only one reply (off list) mean no-one else has done this mod?

Plenty of people have done the mod - I expect everyone was waiting for
everyone else to answer.

I have a 99 ST so I am not an authority on the 2000+ STs, but as far as I've
read on the list, you do not need the bypass leads for 2000+ models, you
only need the two relays.

Where do they plug in?  Um, take off the right side fairing and you will
probably see a bunch of relay sockets inside the front fairing.  Or else
lift up the seat and see if there are relay sockets on the right hand side
of the subframe, inside the rear fairing.  Better still, order them from
Jack Lilley and ask nicely how to install them.

>Beyond the obvious extra battery drain, is there any reason NOT to do this?

Battery drain shouldn't be a problem unless the PIAAs draw a lot more than
the standard bulbs or you run a lot of accessories.  See the comments about
"Alternator" on the FAQs.  Reasons not to do this?  If you are in Europe, it
is apparently against EU law to have both lights on as they are behind
separate glass and you might be mistaken for a far-off car - or even a
train, as you will have three lights on, counting the "third eye".  Well,
that's the theory, but I'd much rather have two lights so that I can see
where I'm going, others can see me better and no-one will flash at me for
having one "broken" headlight.

Neil