Re: [ST] RE: Mobile phones

Erik Miner wrote:

 > FWIW: When I'm riding there is ABSOLUTELY no one I'd even remotely
 > want to talk to, well except maybe myself :-)

LOL! I couldn't agree with you more! Well actually there are times when
I want to scream at the top of my lungs at the driver next to/in front
of/behind me and tell them what a freakin' idiot they are.

Matt Knowles wrote:

 > When you have a deadly instrument in your hands, I don't care how  well
 >  you THINK you can multitask, your entire focus should be on  driving.
 >  You can't seriously evaluate on your own how safe you are.  We all
 >  think we're the safest drivers around, but if that were true,  there
 >  wouldn't be accidents.

I'll second that. THe last time I was driving in my car and talking on a
cell phone (over a year ago) I was argueing with the wife and blew right
through a red light. Considering that it was evening rush hour, I was
amazed that I didn't cause an accident. I said to my self, "Never again."

Besides, how the heck did we manage our lives before cell phones and pagers?

STeve Duncan, the xhippy, wrote:
 > I prefer singing, myself.  The Shoei has acoustics akin to my
 > shower, and I  sound "just like" John Kay............
 >
 > "get your motor runnin', head out on the highway, lookin' for
 > adventure, in whatever comes our way"

There is a particular, terribly designed, intersection/rotary that I go
through on a regular basis. Makes me start singing Johnny Cash: "I'm
goin' down, down, down, in a burnin' ring of fire."

Dan Wolf then chimed in:
 > I've always been partial to Supertramp's "Take The Long Way Home".
 > Seems  appropriate for the ST.

What? I always thought it was "Take the Wrong Way Home." At least that's
how I've been able to find some fun little roads.

My final word on cell phones (at least for today): The best on screen
use for a cell phone award goes to Ben Stiller and Jenna Elfman in
"Keeping the Faith."

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
             -- Walter Bagehot