Re: [ST] RE: Question: Wiring for dual headlights

- -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: "Cunningham Andrew" <Andrew.Cunningham@xxxxxxxx>
An: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 04. April 2002 16:04
Betreff: RE: [ST] RE: Question: Wiring for dual headlights

> > >Due to a change in EU law (1999-2000) it is allowed to have
> > both lights on.
>
> Are you sure about this one???  It was my understanding that the law on only
> having one headlight for dipped and one for full beam was reasonably recent
> i.e. 2000.  Hence why my 99 Daytona had both lamps lit for dipped and full
> beam and why my 2001 RS has only one lamp lit for each situation.

Yes, I am sure. In 2000 the EU published a regulation. Due to this regulation each member state must amend its national law. (I hope this is readable English :-) ) If the member states don't change their national law the law becomes ineffective. It's allowed to have on both dipped beams or both full beams.

> Regardless of the current law, next time I swing by the dealers I will be
> buying the two relays I need, so that I can get decent lighting.  F**k the
> muppets in Brussels is what I say!  I bet most of the cretins that make
> these regs have never even swung their leg over a bike let alone ridden one
> down a dark country lane at night in the p*ss pouring rain :-(

BTW: Members of the EU Parliament brought this regulation to us - the law before this regulation was only national law. I think, you grumble the wrong people.

> Andy
> Andy Cunningham
> Stockholm, Sweden
> 955i Sprint RS (01)