RE: [ST] And now back to our regularly scheduled programming

I doubt the price of steel will have much impact considering how little
steel is in the bike in the first place - but a GREAT way of getting us off
this damn politics thread, which is somewhere between boring and f*&^&%$g
boring.  The celphone stuff isn't much better.  You think they are
dangerous?  You're right - it's a proven fact.  Want to take that risk
anyway?  Go ahead - it's you problem (although it will affect my insurance.
These aren't subjects where an argument is going to change anyone's mind -
we're all just stating opinions.

What interests me much more is that the other high-end (price) manufacturers
should be getting seriously worried - the V-Rod engine and frame would make
an excellent platform for a variety of niche bikes - sports tourer, tourer,
or even plain ol' sports bike.  It will never compete with hyper-sports
bikes like the R1, and will never be as cheap as our STs, but it wouldn't
take very much to use it to build something comparable to BMWs RT or RS
models.

Alex