RE: [ST] Steel Brake Lines

- -----Original Message-----
From: Rich Crinson

>I'm not sure you would find any difference in changing the brake
lines, the ST and RS come with standard steel lines, just look under the
plastic coating.  That's what gives the good braking on trumpets, just try
riding a Suzuki hard with 'normal' lines and stopping, it's like berthing an
oil tanker!<snip>

Sure about that? The lines on my '00 RS did not appear to be braided
stainless steel under a plastic coating when I took the calipers off for a
tire change. I do know the difference, as I had installed a Russell kit on
my Suzuki. (A previous, inferior ride.)

The stock lines on my RS appear to be a hard nylon with a softer black
plastic cladding. I'm going to go look at the codes written on the lines to
see if there's any indication of the true construction. Whatever material
they are, the feel is as good as any s/s line.

Ken M.