Re: [ST] Coolant Level

Shane,

I have found the same issue on my '01 Sprint ST.  When I top off the coolant
tank cold, a small amount ends up leaking out.  What I do now is keep the
level halfway between the MIN and MAX lines cold  --  When I check it with a
warm engine it is at the MAX level, and I have no coolant overflowing out.

John
'01 BRG ST

I have an '01 RS [in Lucifer Orange of course ;-)] and wanted some advice on
coolant levels.

When the bike is cold, the coolant is well below the 'min' mark on the
filler tank.  When hot, the level is at about 3/4 between the min/max marks.
I assume this is normal...

The bike certainly doesn't run hot (usually around 85 to 90C while moving) -
I just wanted to check that this level is normal and that the coolant level
should be checked when the bike is hot.

I suppose I could always just fill it up and let the excess overflow... but
that's no fun...

Regards,

Shane "Dunska" Gerrish
'01 Sprint RS - Lucifer Orange