[ST] Re: Pop goes the... and RS supension settings.

Hi all,

I'm on the digest, so ignore this if it has been answered already this morning.

Re: Pop goes the...
The connecting rod for the gear switch had a lot of problems, mine snapped
early on (< 2500 mi).  Triumph has replaced the original design with a
slightly thicker SS version.  They kept the same part number, so unless your
dealer has had the same stock for 2 years, what he has should be the
stronger SS version.

Re: RS su(s)pension settings
On my '99 ST, I use the hub (chain adj.) wrench extension bar in my OEM tool
kit to adjust the fork preload.  The width of the walls of that flattened
tube fits perfectly into the screw head without scratching the surface.  I
assume you have the same tool kit, but (if I remember correctly) you should
have a different master cylinder bracket which might be in the way on the
right side.

Hope this helps.

- -John Hickman
1999 ST