[ST] MZs

"MZs were formerly named MuZ. They're manufactured in the former East
Germany. My knowledge of them isn't too great, but I'll try to condense what
I do know of them. For many years they made small two stroke bikes, and
still do."

MZs were originally known as MZs, starting business in 1953. They were into
125 and 250 GP racing, but lost there designer to Suzuki, and turned more to
Enduro bikes. They were very successful in ISDT competition. I used to own a
1971 Six Days Replica. They finally went into reorganization in 1991 after
the East German economy collapsed. They restarted production in about '94
and changed the name to MuZ. They have recently reverted back to the
original MZ name. The fact that there is a lone distributor in Florida means
little. There is a lone importer for most bikes, it's dealers that count.
There are several MZ dealers around the country, European Cycles in Garden
Grove, CA, for one and Atlas Cycles in Tulsa (I guess they still carry
them). I suppose their web site would have a list. Their singles are nice
bikes, handling quite well. I have ridden several and a friend of mine has
Skorpion Sport.
Bare