[ST] Back for abuse

Hi all,

It's been a while but I'm back and ready for some banter.  I guess it's been
at least 3 months since I've unsubscribbled from the list.  Don't you just
hate work and life? It gets in the way of the things that are truely
important like riding, drinking beer, riding, chasing women, riding,
drinking more beer, riding...well I think ya'll get the picture.

Since the last time I posted I was up for my 12k.  Well took the bike in at
13.5 (oops!) and everything was fine.  No valve clearance problems, all in
the specified range, no head bearing problems, no clutch problems, no nuthin
except two missing bolts. One on the exhaust and on on the left side faring.
Lone Star replace without cost!!  Got the bike back and went for a ride and
had a very bad shake when braking. Figured either they put the pads in wrong
and something was sticking or they didn't put the wheel on right??? Anyway
took it back and found out that a rotor was warped.  Best I and they could
figure is that they dropped the wheel and bent it.  Good news is they
replaced both rotors...gratis!  Good going Lone Star!!!  Took a week for the
parts.  If anyone comes through Austin, I suggest stopping by. Good bunch of
folks.  I'm also due for a new rear tire.  I have Dunlop 207s and I'm
sticking with them.  This tire lasted just over 5k so did the previous one.
I think they stick great when things get twisty!  Especially on Lime Creek
Road here in Austin.  It's a fun but nasty little road that'll eat you for
breakfast if you not careful.

STeve - if you and Bird Dawg are coming down to my neck of the hill country
give me a call, I'll be out riding Sunday, probably head down to Gruene then
up to Luckenback and then Willow City to check out the wild flowers.

John Morin
'01 ST BRG - 1yr, 1mo and 16k on the clock