Re: [ST] Brake pads - EBC HH vs Kevlar

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, John Morin wrote:

> Hey, has the brake pad discussion took place yet?  Cause if it hasn't I'd
> like to start it up.  I'm thinking of getting EBC HH or Kevlar. Any
> suggestions? Which one's have the best stopping power?

I'll be curous too, having just switched from the HH to the Kevlar but
haven't got them bedded in yet so don't really know...

Long story short, was feeling a pulse when stopping (last 5mph) that
eventually showed itself in the mirrors when braking at speed.  Yup, right
rotor was out of spec on run-out so ordered EBC ProLite's and replaced
'em.  I had just replaced the OEM pads (about 50% left) with HH's before
discovering the warpage.  So I left them in at first, but had problems
with the pads dragging too much against the new, noticably thicker EBC
rotors, even after cleaning the piston sides up to try to reduce
resistance when not braking but no joy.  So switched to the brand new
Kevlars and cleaned some more and no more drag problem...but haven't gone
back to the HH's yet.  Figure I'll change 'em back after I get a K or two
on these rotors/pads.  They are definitely less noisy than the HH's.

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail