[ST] DIY Tire Change & Balance

I'm getting real fed up with the local scum bag dealers changing their story
on me about changing tires (not purchased from them) and the outrageous $100
price tag.

I'm stubborn and head-strung, so when I get pissed off like this I go on a
mission.  This mission is Do It Myself.

For $59.99 plus $30ish in shipping I can get this manual changer from
Northern Tool
http://www.northerntool.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/CategoryDisplay?cgrfnbr=78106
&cgmenbr=6970&PHOTOS=on

Anyone have experience breaking the beads and removing the tires from the
rims?  Is it a pain in the ass and worth spending $100 to have a
"professional" do it or is it worth the $90 to buy the equipment and Do It
Myself?  One time will pay for itself if it's not a pain.

But then I have the issue of balancing them.  Which is better static or
dynamic balancing.  Obviously the static balancers are much less expensive &
I'm not about to dump $2000 on a spin balancer.  If spinning is the best
then I'll just bring the tires I've changed to a shop to balance for $10ea.

Who knows, if it's not too difficult then I'll have the equipment and be
able to under cut the dealers (because I'm not earning a living from it) and
take business away from them offering installation for those who buy their
tires cheaper via the internet.  Then I'll truly have the last laugh, Woooha
ha ha ha!

- -Rich
'00 RS