Re: [ST] DIY Tire Change & Balance

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 TrumpST@xxxxxxx wrote:

> got the hang of it I'm told it's not that bad.  I wish I could find the
> website for a fellow HSTA member(Jeff in KC) he's got a nifty kit already set
> up for the full job, he even has a spacer made for the Triumph single sided
> swingarm wheel, maybe Woovis can remember it for me?

That'd be Jeff Knights and his TireQwik products at:
	http://www.tireqwik.com/tireqwik/

A friend of ours here has a similar setup in that he has a bead breaker,
3 loooong spoons and enough rim protectors to go half way around the rim,
a static balancer, and a compressor.  He makes it look so easy, and it
does become so after you do a few sets he says.  Static balancing is way
better than spin they say, and by aligning the heavy spot in your rim with
the light side of the tire sometimes you don't need a weight or a small
one gets used.

Tips I'm told are looong spoons, that rubber lubricant stuff (the real
deal, not some detergent substitute) and a compressor with enough wind to
seat a tire quickly (pop!).

Hope it helps,

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail