Re: [ST] gas cap paint problem

Forrest Clarke wrote:

> I, too am having some paint issues, but mine are around the gas cap. The
> silver ring that circles the gas cap is peeing, presumably because it is
> made of some sort of plastic...
>
> Should I take it up as a warranty issue? Any advice is appreciated..

First off, I'll assume your silver ring is peeling, not urinating. Next,
I don't wish misfortune on many people, but I'm glad I'm not the only
one. I thought that maybe I was a bit aggressive with the fuel nozzle.
Since I first noticed it I have been paying special attention to it. My
2000 ST went 12000 miles with out it happening. My 2001 has had it since
before 2000 miles.

If you make a warranty claim let us know how it works out. When I need
my 6k service, I'll bring it to the dealers attention.

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
             -- Walter Bagehot