[ST] re: Paul's so horny he can't send out signals anymore.

Paul,

It sounds like you and Fiamm have managed to find the resonance frequency of the relay mounting point.  I would check to make sure the the relay mount (are they clips or what?) is appropriately snug.  Then, something you can consider would be to put a dab of hot melt glue on both sides of the relay.  The hot melt will do too things.  Help absorb vibration, and stick the sucker in place.  I don't know the melting temp of hot melt though, so it may get too toasty under there for it.  Also, if you try this, make sure the hot melt doesn't provide a short path.  (I don't know if its conductive or not, but will assume that it is for this purpose.)

Another thing you may want to check is that the dash itself is firmly secured.  It may be the one resonating because its just a smidgen loose.

Now, I'll invoke the Addy Protocol: I don't have an ST, so I don't know anything about your dash, fairing, side panels, or relay mounting.  I'm not a sound engineer, nor do I play one on TV, so the resonance stuff may be off by a few hunnert miles.  I'm not a chemist specializing in adhesives, so I don't know that much about hot melt except that it is handy stuff that peels off nicely and is handy to use in woodworking for temporary stick-ums.  All of which adds up to this: my advice may be worth exactly what you paid for it.

John S., unoffially 'BikerDawg'
'00 Sprint RS - Atomic Orange