[ST] Shorter windscreen

After getting used to all the great things to like, I finally came upon a
nit that seems to be growing by the day into a full-fledged bitch.

The windscreen is just a tad too tall, putting the airflow right on the
helmet vent. Also, the upper body doesn't get neutrally buoyant until above
80'ish. It seems I need to move the windblast down just an inch, maybe two,
to get that to work.

What's the accumulated wisdom on aftermarket windscreens? Has anyone tried
cutting theirs? I have a table saw and a pretty well equipped woodworking
shop.

Mike.
'01 BRG.

(1100 miles in 10 days, 500 miles overdue for that 600 mile service tomorrow
morning. This is edging beyond obsession. Yes, I changed the oil at 600
miles; just try finding an oil filter and 4 liters of 4T on a Saturday
evening. :-)