From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ben
Snyder
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 7:46 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] shipping company

I've got a buddy that crated his Duck from Ohio to
South Carolina (I think) to have some customizations
done (just another Duck owner spending even *more*
money on stuff that would only be handy on the track).

He used Roadway.  I'm not sure but I think he spent in
the neighborhood of US $500, and I'm pretty sure their
prices are competitive with others, but I wouldnt use
them - I'd find an alternative.  His bike, the crate
actually, was apparently dropped and his bike had
fallen over inside and screwed up some of his newly
painted panels.  He went through hell trying to get
any compensation for it.  They kept telling it it was
a used bike and those marks could have been there
before it was shipped (when the damaged parts were
brand new).

I think he finally got some sort of settlement out of
them for the damages, but not enough to repair them I
dont think.

For other shippers, United Van lines, North American
Van lines, Orange freight, Snyder (I think they are a
freight line - I only WI$H there was a relation).

Do a google on motorcycle freight, you'll find some
stuff....