Re: [ST] Helmet Preference...

I dont have a quantum, mine's an RX7RR-IV, but the
face shield is the same as the quantum (they are
interchangable).

The lock/defrost mechanism loosens up as you use it,
plus the helmet comes with a little bottle of silicon
lube.  A few drops of that stuff helps loosen it up a
bit.  Keep that stuff in your pocket, beacuse it's the
mechanism on the shild that looses up, not the one on
the helmet - when/if you put a new shield on, it'll be
tight.

To remove/change the shield...it's not that awkward,
although, I've not used the Shoei system.  I've seen
it in use and it does look easy, but I think the Arai
system is pretty darn simple too.  I can now switch
shields in just a few seconds.  There is a booklet
with instructions that comes with the helmet, but it
still took me a few tries to get it right.