[ST] Centrestands

G'day All,
    I've just caught up on the digest as i've been away and all these hits
on the centre stand question have had me thinking. If an extension was
tastefully added to the centre stand (peg/lever/arm/extension call it what
you like) with the right bracing etc, wouldn't this added leverage make it
easier to get the bike up on the stand? Lets face it, some people just
aren't that heavy and a little leverage is always a good thing! I had a fair
bit of trouble with mine and i weigh over 200 pounds and have had the
pleasure of quite a few early Norton stands, ........i discovered that the
rear wheel hub on the ST was 180 degrees out! It now handles perfectly and
is a breeze to put on the stand, could this be a common problem?
Incidently i've now got my internet connection working properly and can surf
with a fair degree of speed, so i visited Jack Lilleys site and was most
impressed.
Regards
Bill Wilkin
'99 ST   "Mary"