[ST] Fuel leak fixed!

My '01 BRG ST spent the last two weeks on vacation at my dealer.  While
there the service guy said he saw no indication of a fuel leak but ordered
three replacement hoses anyway.  I'm no mechanic but I think these are the
three hoses with 90 degree elbows that run from the fuel tank to the fuel
injectors.  Well, after some delay and a shipping problem, these hoses were
replaced.  I picked up my bike on Saturday and the service guy did, indeed,
find the problem.  He showed me where one of the elbow couplers had cracked
and came apart in his hand while disassembling.  It was a warrantly repair
as he suspected another dealer that performed the break in service.  Other
than being without the ST for two weeks and $5 to fill the gas tank, I think
I got off easy.

Alan in NJ
'01 BRG ST

End of st-digest V2002 #229