Re: [ST] GP's: New & unimproved

John,

Sorry; but there is no relationship between 2-Stroke GP and any bike that I
we can conceivably ride on the street. You could say that about F1 cars and
riders but that series has always been so far from the consumer that it does
not warrant comment; or watching on TV for that matter; IMHO.

Now, I am an avid race fan, attending at least 6 to 8 events a year ranging
from CART to AMA to NHRA to Oshkosh and Reno Air Races by'gosh (and F1 when
in Phoenix which is where I developed my opinion of those whiners....I mean
racers).  What keeps me coming back to a race series is competition and
competitors that I can relate to.  If adding ultra-modern technology 4-stroke
bikes to the fray then GP should welcome it; many more sponsors and fans will
be able to relate which should keep the series healthy.

I am a die-hard CART fan but am finally starting to see the writing on the
wall.......although I will never go to an IRL race unless it is at Indy and
has CART cars  involved; which is exactly the ransom that Mr. George intended
to extract from open wheel racing in the early 90's.  At least with the GP
bikes the change in series rules still allow for both bikes to compete on the
same circuit.  I am a little saddened by the demise of 2-stroke bikes having
owned a KH-1 and GT-750 in the 70s and 80s but life must go on and changes in
technology usually have long-term benefit to the masses (us).

I would, however, like to see a series that allowed the 955's to
compete............

Randy in AZ